Phishing scams are a persistent problem for businesses and consumers. The Verizon 2015 Data Breach Investigations Report revealed that at least one in 10 people…
How to Manage Your Emotions to Achieve Success at Work?Personal Branding September 16, 2015
Emotions are energies that keeps you charged and they reflect on your speech, behaviour and actions at work. How you feel towards an issue or situation at work reflects on your behaviour and ability to handle the situation tactfully in your stride. Learning to master your emotions, for they have a healing ability to help you deal with failures and achieve success not just at work, but overall well-being as well.
Leveraging your emotional strengths can help achieve performance breakthrough and help you cope with adversity and challenges. Here are 5 key levers to help you manage emotions and stressful situations at work, when emotions get out of control – these tips will come handy.
- Stay aware of your emotions and respond positively to the feelings. Most people enter into a state of denial or suppress emotions, when they sense vulnerability. Emotions are energies that can be used for constructive purposes if led right. As important it is to be aware of the positive emotions, negative emotions should be acknowledged and accepted. Only when you sense emotional awareness, can you respond to emotions better in a positive manner.
- Keep a check on your emotions to get better control – evaluate if they are healthy or unhealthy and impact your mental equilibrium. For example: if you’re angry with your boss or client, you cannot display anger or outrage, you need to manage emotions. Emotional control helps maintain check on the moment and you can resolve situations with a calm composed self.
- Channelize your positive emotions for positive outcome. While negative emotions affect your performance at work drastically and lower output, positive emotions on the other hand can elevate your performance levels. When you feel confident about a task, you will approach it more certainty to deliver positive outcomes. So the key here is to engage your positive emotions such as to overcome the negative energies. This can be achieved through channelization of thoughts and actions in positive direction for positive outcomes.
- Seek emotional freedom. Letting go of the emotional baggage could help you seek clearer vision for the future. Sometimes unresolved issues from the past to include past relationships, heartbreaks and negative events leave an impact on person’s mind to affect morale, impact productivity and bring you down. Let go of your emotional baggage one at a time and learn to move on. This could mean forgiving the person, talking about or journalising the event and seeking professional help. Do all it takes to make yourself feel better and manage emotions.
- Delve into emotional wisdom and hear what your subconscious mind wants to tell you. Learn to recognise and understand your emotions to gain emotional wisdom and handle your emotions better. Your internal conflicts at heart and mind need immediate resolution over anything else in life to think further. Take charge of your emotions and seek for inner real, this will bring you more at peace and closer to your goals of life to achieve pinnacles of success.
These tips should help you gather your inner self and gain control on your emotions to see clearer visions for life.
Image credit: flickr.com
You might also like
If you’re someone who finds hard and difficult to stick to the 9 to 5 working hour routine, and feel strong to break the shackles…